Draycott Council oversees some projects
- Staffordshire Safer Roads Partnership – Vehicle Activated Signs – 31.03.21 Staffordshire Safer Roads Partnership Fund Project Statement
- The ‘Solar Array’ Community Fund – the council administers this fund (which is donated annually by Lower Newton ‘Solar’ Farm) which is for projects which will benefit the Community. If you have a project which will benefit this area and which needs funding or part-funding, please apply by completing this form Solar Array Application form 2021 (Word Doc), or PDF solar-array-application-form-2021 and emailing to the Clerk
- Neighbourhood Plan Group
- Lengthsman Project – the council employs a ‘lengthsman’ (someone to carry out general maintenance tasks across its area). The current lengthsman was appointed in December 2020 and a record tasks he will be required to do over the year appears here: Detailed reports of the work done each month will be reported at the Parish Council Meeting each month.
- Lengthsman List of Jobs in progress
- If you can think of jobs that should be done in the parish, please contact the Clerk or one of your elected Councillors. The lengthman’s list of tasks is currently supervised by Lengthsman Co-ordinator – Councillor Gordon Winfield.
- Highways Jobs Reported 2020.21
- The Litterpicker project – the council pays a litterpicker to tidy the district’s paths and verges of rubbish. He walks all the roads in the Parish over 4 or 5 visits per month (an average of once per week)
- Annual Parish Assembly. The assembly, which is when the village comes together for an open forum, is not a council meeting as such, but is usually organised by the council.
- Please see a list attached of the Powers and Duties of a Parish Council: powers and duties of parish councils.doc
The ‘new cemetery’ is supervised by St Margaret’s Church, not the council.